Are you an education professional looking to be part of an exiting new venture? Check out these career opportunities at NIMAA:
NIMAA Chief Executive Officer - Apply Online
The NIMAA CEO drives the strategic, financial, and operational development of this non-profit start-up organization and as such, creates the culture, reputation, and standards for the organization. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
We are looking for an experienced leader to supervise and oversee all strategic and business aspects of NIMAA. The successful candidate will have expertise in developing a national organization, collaborating with foundations and institutional leaders, and creating a compelling narrative for individuals engaged at all levels of the operation. You will be the first in command of this charitable company and responsible, along with the Board, for developing the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
Our goal is to establish NIMAA as the recognized premier academic institution for the education and training of medical assistants, with a dual social mission of creating high value employment, particularly for members of historically low income and underserved populations and communities, and strengthening the primary care workforce team of the future. The CEO needs to take this promising start-up company and scale it nationally, make it financial viable, and ensure it has a reputation as best in class.
- Recruit, lead, and inspire a staff that is highly engaged, effective, and consistent in advancing the goals and objectives of NIMAA. Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission on NIMAA.
- Establish targets for growth, spread, and scale and organize the functional units of NIMAA to achieve them.
- Establish collaborative and business relationships with high performing health care organizations nationally to serve as a basis for the clinical practicum component of the NIMAA education model, and support those practices in becoming premier training sites.
- Promote the NIMAA narrative and story and engage social entrepreneurs with a focus on the dual mission of social justice and healthcare access.
- Lead fundraising from foundations and others.
- Ensure adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the highest ethics and compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Oversee financial and non-financial reporting to stakeholders.
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years CEO or senior leadership in a relevant organization
- Leadership in a start-up, preferably in education
- Prior experience in on-line education
- Experience in workforce development
- Expertise in healthcare training, delivery and/or financing
- Experience in developing profitable and successful strategies and implementing a vision
- A leader who values team and relationships and has mentoring skills
- A commitment to social justice
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong relationships across systems of care and with relevant community stakeholders
- Sensitivity and respect for diverse populations
- Reports directly to the Chairman and Board of Directors of NIMAA.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Board and staff of NIMAA to implement the mission and goals.
- Understand the NIMAA educational model and evaluate its efficacy.
- Understand the issues and concerns of host clinics and others key stakeholders that affect NIMAA’s success.
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- Additional studies in health or health education a plus
- The position is based in Denver, Colorado
- Exempt position