The NIMAA Admissions Process
The NIMAA Admissions Process
Applications are now open for the 2019-2020 class. Click here to apply.
The NIMAA admissions process is as follows:
- Complete the online NIMAA application. Note that you can complete the application in multiple phases, if you prefer.
- Pay the non-refundable $25 application fee. Your application will then be considered for the NIMAA program.
- Participate in a video interview with a NIMAA representative.
- Upon successful completion of steps 1-3, you may be selected to participate in an interview with a NIMAA externship organization.
If you successfully complete all four (4) steps above, including the externship interview, you will begin the second phase of the Admissions Process:
- Your application will be submitted for review by the Admissions Committee
- The Admissions Committee will provide you with one of three determinations:
- Offer of admissions
- Offer of placement on the admissions waitlist
- For those applicants who are offered admissions, you will then need to complete the final phase of the admissions process, which includes the following:
- Meet with the NIMAA Student Services Manager to confirm understanding of program expectations and the enrollment process. (within 3 days of offer of admission).
- Accept NIMAA’s offer of admissions.
- Authorize and undergo a background check.
- Complete all admissions forms, including:
- Emergency Contact Information
- Immunization Record
- Media Consent
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Catalog Acknowledgement
- Proof of Education
- FERPA Authorization to Externship Organization
- Sign the Enrollment Agreement.
- Pay NIMAA fees and tuition according to the NIMAA Payment Schedule.
Note: Additionally, some externship organization placements may require drug testing.
- For those applicants who are offered a place on the NIMAA waitlist:
- You will need to confirm that you wish to be placed on the waitlist.
- NIMAA will remain in contact with you regarding your status on a regular basis prior to program start.
The program will begin Monday, September 3, 2019, starting with a week of orientation.
NIMAA will accept applications for the Fall of 2019 Medical Assisting program through July 15, 2019.
The NIMAA Admissions Committee will meet monthly to consider applicants who have completed steps 1-4 of the admissions process (see Admissions Process above) in the prior month. If any steps in the admissions process are not yet complete (e.g. externship interview), your application will not be considered in that month’s review.
NIMAA will notify applicants of the Admissions Committee's decisions on the dates noted below.
|All Admissions Steps Complete||Notification Date|
|April 25, 2019||May 1, 2019|
|May 15, 2019||May 29, 2019|
|June 15, 2019||June 28, 2019|
|July 1, 2019||July 17, 2019|
|July 15, 2019||August 1, 2019|
|August 15, 2019||August 23, 2019|
The above dates are subject to change, based on the number of applications received; NIMAA will notify applicants should that happen. It is recommended that you apply early, given the rolling nature of NIMAA Admissions.
Specific questions regarding the application process and timeline can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.