Application and Admission Information
Minimum requirements for consideration for the NIMAA program are as follows:
- Proof of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent (an official translation by a qualified agency of a foreign transcript demonstrating U.S. HS diploma/GED equivalency)*
- Minimum age of 18 years old by May 1, 2020
- Valid proof of identification
*If you have the required qualifications but do not have access to appropriate documentation due to extenuating circumstances, please contact NIMAA Admissions at email@example.com to discuss.
Selection for the program is based on a holistic evaluation of all aspects of your application, including the following criteria:
- A review of an admissions assessment results
- Writing samples demonstrating a desire to pursue a career as a medical assistant on the patient centered care team
- A phone interview with a member of the NIMAA Admissions team
- An in-person interview with your externship organization
- A background check
Applications are now open for the 2019-2020 class are now closed.
The NIMAA application process is as follows:
- Complete the online NIMAA application. Note that you can complete the application in multiple phases, if you prefer.
- Pay the non-refundable $25 application fee. Your application will then be considered for the NIMAA program.
- All applicants will have a phone interview with a NIMAA representative. Phone interviews will begin April 2019.
- Select applicants will participate in an externship interview.
- Admissions decisions will be sent no later than August 2019.
- If you are accepted, you will need to undergo a background check and complete a number of additional forms.
The program will begin Tuesday, September 3, 2019, starting with a week of orientation.
Specific questions regarding about the application timeline can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition and Fees
The NIMAA medical assistant program is designed to be affordable:
- Application Fee: $25 (non-refundable)
- Tuition: $6,000
- Program Fees (includes textbooks, equipment required, CPR certification costs, and costs of practice and final national independent MA certification examination): $760
We offer multiple payment options for the program, including online and check. For more information about the 2019-2020 tuition and fees, see Paying NIMAA Tuition and Fees for 2019-2020. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
NIMAA will inform you of the status of your application by email. Upon selection to the program, the next step is to complete the enrollment process. You will be required to do the following:
- Read and sign an enrollment agreement
- Read and review the NIMAA catalog and sign the Catalog Acknowledgement
- Provide proof of immunizations
- Provide proof of high school diploma or GED
- Sign a media consent waiver
- Provide your emergency contact information
- Sign the NIMAA confidentiality agreement and your externship organization confidentiality agreement
- Pregnancy notification acknowledgment for students who are or may become pregnant during externship
- Provide a form consenting to NIMAA completing a background check
NIMAA is excited to work with the following healthcare organizations to support the externship experience for our 2019-20 students: