Application and Admission Information
Minimum requirements for consideration for the NIMAA program are as follows:
- Proof of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent (an official translation by a qualified agency of a foreign transcript demonstrating U.S. HS diploma/GED equivalency)*
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Valid proof of identification
*If you have the required qualifications but do not have access to appropriate documentation due to extenuating circumstances, please contact NIMAA Admissions at email@example.com to discuss.
Selection for the program is based on a holistic evaluation of all aspects of your application, including the following criteria:
- A review of an admissions assessment results
- Writing samples demonstrating a desire to pursue a career as a medical assistant on the patient centered care team
- A phone interview with a member of the NIMAA Admissions team
- An in-person interview with your externship organization
- A background check
NIMAA admissions for the 2018-19 cohort starting September 10, 2018, is now closed. Please provide us with your contact information, if you could be interested in participating in the future. We will contact you upon opening up a new cohort.
Specific questions regarding about the application timeline can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition and Fees
The NIMAA medical assistant program is designed to be affordable:
- Application Fee: $25 (non-refundable)
- Tuition: $6,000
- Program Fees (includes textbooks, equipment required, and costs of practice and final national independent MA certification examination): $660
We offer multiple payment options for the program, including online and check. For more information see Paying NIMAA Tuition and Fees for 2018-2019 and the NIMAA Payment Chart. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
NIMAA will inform you of the status of your application by email. Upon selection to the program, the next step is to complete the enrollment process. You will be required to do the following:
- Read and sign an enrollment agreement
- Read and review the NIMAA catalog and sign the Catalog Acknowledgement
- Provide proof of immunizations
- Provide proof of high school diploma or GED
- Sign a media consent waiver
- Provide your emergency contact information
- Sign the NIMAA confidentiality agreement and your externship organization confidentiality agreement
- Pregnancy notification acknowledgment for students who are or may become pregnant during externship
- Provide a form consenting to NIMAA completing a background check